Dresses and skirts never used to be main pieces in my wardrobe but over the last few months more and more of them have been finding their way there. It’s been a welcomed change to step out of my comfort zone and take outfits I’d generally wear with jeans or pants, and replace them with maxi dresses and midi skirts. Now I seem to find myself more often than not going through the racks filled with dresses and skirts before I checkout the jeans. So it’s no surprise that I immediately fell in love with this Kate Stoltz Snakeskin Midi Skirt when I saw it online and knew it was the perfect midi skirt to add to my closet.
This versatile a-line midi skirt features a stunning snakeskin jacquard with a centred back zipper closure and is fully lined with silk charmeuse. The jacquard fabric is lightweight so the skirt moves beautifully but isn’t too thin making it great to be worn during the colder months and into the spring. Each of Kate Stoltz’s pieces are made to order, and with the Snakeskin Midi Skirt you can also customize the length of the skirt based on your height or style preference for the perfect fit.
When I first saw this midi skirt I initially thought of it as a great piece to centre some holiday looks around, and a good staple to have around for any special events in the future. I’m a big believer when shopping for a specific event especially if you’re spending a lot you should go for items that can be worn multiple times. That is why I love outfits with a two-piece element like a blazer or midi skirt because their versatility allows you to pair them with different pieces and accessories to totally change the look.
Once the midi skirt arrived I first started putting it together with things like a cami under a blazer and blouses for more formal looks. But then I started to gravitate other other things in my closet like band t-shirts and knit sweaters I realized how versatile it was to not only dress up, but to wear more casually for an everyday look. The midi skirt started to remind me of my punk-rock teenage days, which is where I got the inspiration to pair it with a leather jacket and my Dr.Martens for this casual-chic look.
About Kate Stoltz
Kate Stoltz is a New York City based fashion brand owned and designed by Kate Stoltzfus. After years of modeling in New York City Kate found her true passion in fashion design and in 2015 attended the Fashion Institute of Technology and started Kate Stoltz NYC. Today Kate Stoltz creates her made to order collections in her Manhattan studio with a commitment to sustainability and fair industry practices.
Shop My Look
- SKIRT: Kate Stoltz Snakeskin Midi Skirt, $725
- JACKET: Danier Juliette Biker Jacket (Black), $397
- BOOTS: Dr.Martens Black 1460 Mono Lace-Up Boots, available at Ssense, $180
- BAG: Le Château Faux Leather Crossbody Bag, $50
- BELT: H&M Waist Belt With Studs (similar), $23
- SWEATER: ASOS High Neck Crop Jumper, $53
- HAT: Zara Hat With Band (similar), $46
- HEADBAND: Padded Velvet Headband, available at Nordstrom, $42
* This Shop My Look was put together using inspiration from the Kate Stoltz Snakeskin Midi Skirt, which was sent to me by the brand. My review and feedback on this product and my overall experience is 100% honest and authentic as always. To learn more about my sponsored content, please visit my about me page.