The second temperatures start to fall into the single digits I’m immediately reaching for a turtleneck. It has to be one of my favourite cold weather staples to help keep me warm while still keeping my outfits looking chic. I have to admit, I probably own way more sweaters than one person should and there’s definitely a turtleneck, or three in my collection.
Whenever I’m buying a turtleneck I have the habit of going with chunky knit styles, which can get hard to layer under blazers and other pieces in my closet. I’d made it a point this year to find a thinner style turtleneck for the colder months, and I was so happy to come across this one from Tilley.
I know apparel might not be the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Tilley, a brand known for their collection of hats and accessories for the outdoors. But Tilley does have a lot of amazing lifestyle apparel and accessories that are perfect even for those who might prefer to stay in the city. The Extra Fine Merino Wool Turtleneck from Tilley is one of those pieces and I’m so excited to add it to my closet.
This extra fine turtleneck is made from 100% merino wool, making it a great alternative to a chunky knit turtleneck. I also love that they added nylon to the neckline and cuffs to avoid them over stretching over time, so your turtleneck will always fit the way it should. Merino Wool is super breathable and helps regulate your temperature to keep you warm without overheating perfect for warmer winters days or for times spent mostly indoors. This thin turtleneck can also be layered under a blazer, cardigan or over another shirt for extra warmth on those colder days.
Tilley’s Extra Fine Merino Wool Turtleneck comes in black and grey; I went with the black one of course! I styled mine tucked into a pair of black high waisted jeans with Dr.Martens boots and a wool coat for a casual weekend look to walk around downtown. This turtleneck is definitely one of those basics I plan to get a lot of wear out of this season thanks to its versatility and practicality.
Shop My Look
- TOP: Tilley Extra Fine Merino Wool Turtleneck, $160
- JEANS: Zara Z1975 Straight Leg Jeans (similar), $50
- COAT: Oak & Fort Unisex Coat 3914 (similar), $218
- BOOTS: Dr.Martens Black 1460 Mono Lace-Up Boots, available at Ssense, $180
- BAG: Givenchy Small Pandora Crossbody Bag (similar), available at Nordstrom $2,440
- GLASSES: Zara Squared Sunglasses (similar), $30
- BERET: Zara Wool Beret, $26
* This Shop My Look was put together using inspiration from the Tilley Extra Fine Merino Wool Turtleneck, which was sent to me by the brand in exchange for this post. My review and feedback on this product and my overall experience is 100% honest and authentic as always. To learn more about my sponsored content, please visit my about me page.